Wandsworth planning committee have approved the Nine Elms masterplan by Allies & Morrison Architects. The mIxed-use scheme for Royal Mail Group includes 1,870 residential units and 2.5 hectares of public open space and is located in the Vauxhall Nine Elms and Battersea Opportunity Area.
A Nine Elms linear ‘Park Walk’ will provide a route for pedestrians and cyclists connecting Battersea Park to Lambeth Palace Gardens.
- a site-wide urban drainage strategy to mitigate flooding
- a site-wide central refuse network
- provision for units to connect to the local district heating network when it becomes available
- a central CHP unit providing heating ot be used in the interim
- photovoltaic panels on several buildings
Subscribe to Footprint by email.